- 2 palm size portions of king prawns (approximately 10 to 12 prawns) cooked, peeled and deveined
- 2 palm size portions of firm tofu, sliced into 1 cm strips
- 250 mL coconut cream (low fat)
- 1 litre water
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Splenda or Stevia (optional)
- 3 handfuls button mushrooms, chopped
- 3 handfuls snow peas
- Juice 1/2 lime, to taste
- Few sprigs coriander leaves and stem, roughly chopped
- 3 handfuls bean sprouts
To make the laksa paste, combine chilli, onion, garlic, lemongrass and sesame oil in food processor and blend into a smooth paste. Heat 1 to 2 tablespoons of water in a saucepan, add the paste and stir-fry for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly until fragrant. Add the remaining paste ingredients and stir-fry for a further 1 to 2 minutes.
Add the coconut cream, water, tofu, fish sauce, salt and Splenda/Stevia (optional), and bring to the boil. Add snow peas, mushrooms and prawns, simmer for a few minutes until vegetables are tender.
Turn off the heat and add lime juice, coriander and bean sprouts. Check for seasoning and adjust with salt or lime juice as needed. Ladle into bowls and serve.
- 3 long red chillies, deseeded and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lemongrass stem, white part only, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon shrimp paste
- 2 tablespoons mild/medium curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves