Do You Need to Detox
Do you feel tired and unhealthy?
Do you have skin problems?
Do you have allergies, sinus or dark circles under your eyes?
Do you have chronic fatigue and lethargy?
Acupuncture + Chinese Medicine
Put yourself in the hands of our trained and effective practitioners and receive the benefits of this 5000-year-old medical discipline.
In order to best assess your health conerms, our practitioners will ues the principles and techniques of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), such as pulse and tongue diagnosis, as well as investigating how your body functions. These methods help to target the energetic imbalances, blockages or weaknesses that may be affecting your health and vitality.
The principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine articulate that the best care is preventative, and the primary aim of treatment is to identify and address the underlying causes of your health concerns and ultimately to achieve long term health and lifestyle goals. Identifying these imbalances at an early stage is vital to the sucess of achieving your goals and ensuring that these issues are addressed before evolving into bigger health concerns.
what is acupuncture
Acupuncture treatment involves the stimulation of specific points on your body, acupoints, through the use of acupuncture needles or the massaging these points, known as acupressure.
Through a holisitc perspective, Chinese medicine believes each individual has a life force, or Qi Through a holisitc perspective, Chinese medicine believes each individual has a life force, or Qi (pronounced "chee"), which travels through the body in energy pathways called channels or meridians. According to TCM principles, all disease originates from obstructions to this flow or when the Qi becomes weakened, blocked or imbalanced.
Linked to specific organ function, these Qi channels impact on the balance and function of the entire body and regulate the nervous system, digestion, blood pressure and many other organ functions.
Acupuncture has the following specific functions:
- Initiating neurological (nerves), immunological (immune) and endocrine (hormone) responses
- Removing energy blockages in the body
- Reduces pain and inflammation
- Increases blood and nerve supply to tissues
- Increases natural endorphin ("feel-good" chemicals) levels
- Enhances mental clarity
- Reduces stress
- Relaxes the whole body
Through inesrting very fine, sterile needles, into carefully located acupuncture points on the body that are positioned along the meridian pathways, acupuncture seeks to adjust the imbalances in the body's energy channels and supports the body to heal itself. It does this by correcting the flow of Qi and assisting in the release of natural chemicals to motivate the body's natural healing response and balance the body back to optimal function and vitality. As the needles are so fine, the sensation is very subtle. Patients often find treatment very relaxing.
Chinese herbal medicine, dietary therapy, cupping and other treatments may be used alone or in addition to acupuncture.
what can acupuncture treat
Acupuncture is effective in helping to treat and manage a broad range of musculoskeletal, neurological, cardiovascular, digestive, immune, respiratory, gynaecological, urological and emotional disorders.
The World Health Organisation recognises acupuncture as effective treatment for wide variety of problems, including the following conditions that our zone 3 therapy practitioners are experienced in:
- Digestive Disorders – such as IBS, Crohns disease, colitis, IBD, constipation, reflux, indigestion.
- Women's Health Issues – such as cycle problems, hormonal problems, painful and irregular periods, menopausal symptoms, endometriosis, PCOS, fibroids and infertility.
- Men's Health Issues – such as hormone problems, enlarged prostate, poor erectile function,
- Fertility, Pregnancy, Birth and Post-Natal Care – with our TCM fertility and pregnancy specialists
- Headaches and Migraines
- Skin Conditions – such as excema, dermatitis, psorisasis and acne
- Musculoskeletal Problems – such as back and neck pain, frozen shoulder, strains, sprains, tennis elbow and fibromyalgia
- Arthritic Problems such as the pain and restricted movement of osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and other types of rheumatism
- Fatigue – including Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Sleep Problems – such as insomnia and night sweats
- Chronic Health Issues
- Meniere's disease
- Allergies, Hayfever and Sinusitis
- Common Cold and Flu
- Respiratory Problems – such as asthma, bronchitis and chronic cough
- Cancer Support – to help reduce the side-effects of chemotherapy and radiotherapy, improve immune health and enhance recovery.
- Stress and stress-related problems
- Depression – including post-natal depression
- General Wellbeing – regular acupuncture is excellent to help maintain wellness and to take a preventative approach to your health
Call the clinic today to find out how you can finally start shaking those unwanted kilos, safely.
Our Detox Process
Defining presenting condition, chronic illness or long-term complaintCellular Health Analysis and Urinary Indican Testing.
Stage OneRemoving bad bacteria and waste from your digestive system .
Phase TwoRenewing and rebuilding your digestive lining, as well as replacing the bad bacteria with healthy ones and improving your digestive function
Phase ThreeHelping your body release toxins more effectively.
LifestyleSticking to the great new lifestyle habits and enjoying the results of your freshly cleansed body.
Short-term lifestyle excessesToo much of the good life try our Express detox programme..
Detox GreensrAssists in protecting the gastrointestinal mucosa and rebuilding gut integrity.
Thermo Phase Detox
Nutritional support for detoxDesigned to support healthy liver detoxification and promoting wellbeing through improved physiological elimination of toxins.