Do You Need to Detox
Do you feel tired and unhealthy?
Do you have skin problems?
Do you have allergies, sinus or dark circles under your eyes?
Do you have chronic fatigue and lethargy?
Acupuncture + Weight Loss
Assisted and accelerate weight loss results with acupuncture.
Acupuncture and Weight Loss
Weight loss is a concern for many people, and something that can be difficult to achieve. Acupuncture is one treatment that can be used in weight loss. Read on to find out more.
How Does Acupuncture Help With Weight Loss?
In order to achieve meaningful weight loss, lifestyle changes have to made, and acupuncture can help people with this. People are often concerned about a lack of energy, increased stress levels, and difficulty coping with the pain that can occur when starting a new exercise regimen. Acupuncture is so helpful with weight loss as it increases a person's energy levels, making them want to exercise. It also relieves the pain that they feel when exercising. It is also useful if there is a metabolic condition that results in weight gain, and it increases the body's metabolism, reduces food cravings, and improves circulation all around the body.
More specifically, acupuncture has been found to reduce both weight and cholesterol levels by mobilising energy stores. Studies have shown that people receiving acupuncture lost twice as much weight as those who were on a diet alone. In addition, those receiving acupuncture decreased their levels of total cholesterols, triglycerides, and LDL cholesterol.
Acupuncture also helps to regulate sleep, and this is also beneficial for weight loss. This is because regular sleeping patterns sustain the body throughout the day, help to maintain a balanced lifestyle, and allow the metabolism to find a balanced and steady rhythm.
What Acupuncture Points Are Used For Weight Loss?
When acupuncture is being used to treat weight loss, the acupuncture points in the ear are generally used for both weight loss and the general detoxification of the body. During treatment, the acupuncturist places five needs in each ear. Out of these needles, four directly corresponds to specific organs in the body – the kidneys, lungs, nervous system, and liver. The fifth needle is used for relaxation. Once the acupuncture treatment starts, the body is stimulated to produce endorphins. Endorphins are the "feel good chemicals" in the body help to combat the cravings for carbohydrates in the body, reduce the person's appetite, and also helps with withdrawal symptoms if weight loss is related to drug abuse (smoking, alcohol etc). However, as well as the points in the ear, other points in the body can also be used. This is why it is so important to have a detailed consultation with your acupuncturist. The acupuncturist needs to know your eating habits in order to ascertain digestive problems as well as your appetite. They will also check your pulses to determine your general energy states and measure the state of the stomach energy. The tongue is also checked for cracks and yellow or white coatings. These provide clues to the person's condition and the reasons for gaining weight.
The needles are inserted into the body at certain points and these include:
• Mouth – this point relates to an impulsive eater that is also a chain smoker
• Stomach – this point relates to a person that is obese (eating even when the stomach is full)
• Lungs – this point relates to people that are addicted to food
• Endocrine – this point relates to those that gain weight due to water retention
• Shenmen – this point relates to the psychological reasons for anxiety, frustration and loneliness.
• Spleen – this point relates to hormonal and sugar imbalances.
• Kidney – this point relates to the nervous system and water retention.
• Thyroid – this point relates to a slow metabolism.
Chinese herbal medicine, dietary therapy, cupping and other treatments may be used alone or in addition to acupuncture.
what can acupuncture treat
Acupuncture is effective in helping to treat and manage a wide variety of musculoskeletal, neurological, cardiovascular, digestive, immune, respiratory, gynaecological, urological and emotional disorders.
The World Health Organisation recognises acupuncture as effective treatment for wide variety of problems, including the following conditions that our zone 3 therapy practitioners are experienced in:
- Digestive Disorders – such as IBS, Crohns disease, colitis, IBD, constipation, reflux, indigestion.
- Women's Health Issues – such as cycle problems, hormonal problems, painful and irregular periods, menopausal symptoms, endometriosis, PCOS, fibroids and infertility.
- Men's Health Issues – such as hormone problems, enlarged prostate, poor erectile function,
- Fertility, Pregnancy, Birth and Post-Natal Care – with our TCM fertility and pregnancy specialists
- Headaches and Migraines
- Skin Conditions – such as excema, dermatitis, psorisasis and acne
- Musculoskeletal Problems – such as back and neck pain, frozen shoulder, strains, sprains, tennis elbow and fibromyalgia
- Arthritic Problems such as the pain and restricted movement of osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and other types of rheumatism
- Fatigue – including Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Sleep Problems – such as insomnia and night sweats
- Chronic Health Issues
- Meniere's disease
- Allergies, Hayfever and Sinusitis
- Common Cold and Flu
- Respiratory Problems – such as asthma, bronchitis and chronic cough
- Cancer Support – to help reduce the side-effects of chemotherapy and radiotherapy, improve immune health and enhance recovery.
- Stress and stress-related problems
- Depression – including post-natal depression
- General Wellbeing – regular acupuncture is excellent to help maintain wellness and to take a preventative approach to your health
Call the clinic today to find out how you can finally start shaking those unwanted kilos, safely.
Our Detox Process
Defining presenting condition, chronic illness or long-term complaintCellular Health Analysis and Urinary Indican Testing.
Stage OneRemoving bad bacteria and waste from your digestive system .
Phase TwoRenewing and rebuilding your digestive lining, as well as replacing the bad bacteria with healthy ones and improving your digestive function
Phase ThreeHelping your body release toxins more effectively.
LifestyleSticking to the great new lifestyle habits and enjoying the results of your freshly cleansed body.
Short-term lifestyle excessesToo much of the good life try our Express detox programme..
Detox GreensrAssists in protecting the gastrointestinal mucosa and rebuilding gut integrity.
Thermo Phase Detox
Nutritional support for detoxDesigned to support healthy liver detoxification and promoting wellbeing through improved physiological elimination of toxins.